New grad 1st offer

Hello forum community, 

you've all been incredibly helpful as I've researched the program admissions process, navigated PA school, and tackled my first job hunt. THANK YOU! I think this here offer is pretty solid, but they've indicated they're open to negotiation so I'd appreciate your input in securing the best possible deal. What would be a good first request regarding salary? I'll be moving a significant distance, so I'd like to see if the relocation could be increased. Any other suggestions?

FT position, PT ortho (1/2 clinic, 1/2 first assist in OR) and the opportunity to take on other projects (as determined by my interest & community needs), low COL in a small midwestern town.   

I haven't seen the details for insurance yet, but have been told they're excellent (county hospital, includes health, vision & dental), malpractice is covered. 1 year contract

$100,000.00 salary

120 hours vacation

40 hours floating holiday pay

24 hours personal time

2500.00 CME annual

5000.00 relocation

schedule is 4 10's, no call

$25,000 bonus after 1 year

Great offer. Check into 401k match as others have stated. Non-compete? Tail coverage?

Other things to think about: Working with one or multiple surgeons? Are they open to training and/or have worked with new grads before? Is ortho an actual interest? If not and "just a first job," beware that it can pigeonhole your skills...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived