Hi guys, 

So I am having an extremely hard time finding a job to get my PCE hours. Every job I have applied for rejects me saying they have gone with someone else. At this point I have no idea what to do. I am back and forth with EMT. I know that would probably be the best bet but at the same time I know others can find jobs with out certifications. What is some advice you guys could offer about applying to jobs or going the EMT route? 

Thank you 

Go the EMT route! You will have a much easier time finding a job. I was able to find jobs without certification, but they often required half my time be spent doing office work. I worked as a scribe in an ER while completing my EMT certification and then networked to get a job in the same ER. The EMT course is not useless! You will learn important skills and gain confidence in your ability to care for others. 

Also did the EMT route and loved it! Worked on an ambulance service while being in school full-time for about 3.5 years so it worked out great. EMT experience is valued much higher than experiences in which don't require any certs or formal training. 

Archived