IR PA PAY

So I am currently a surgical PA for the past 3 years. Hoping to transition into IR with an interview coming up.

Typical IR PA salary? What should I be looking for in a good IR offer?  I would be doing routine IR procedures: piccs, central lines, para/thora etc...

Any advice would be great! Thanks

same salary as your surgery job with 2/3rd the hrs, no nights, no weekends, and no call. seriously. those guys make bank and have great work/life balance. a friend of mine doing IR was going to leave to do em, told his boss, and got a $60k raise to stay. 

Salery depends on where you are in the country. As with any speciality location dictates salary ranges quite a bit. The AAPA salery report this past year was actually pretty close for IR. ranging between 1teens to 150 depending on experience.  Also depends on your role and what you’ll be bringing to the table. If youre diversely trainined in Procedures, consult, clinic, inpt rounding and in Pt management you’ll be much more valuable. Your procedures can vary depending on credentialing and institution rules. Some procedural PAs are doing ct and us guided bx, ports, dialysis Caths, tunneled Central lines, piccs, peritoneal and pleural drains, IVC filters, declots, paras, thoras, FNAs, sclaro and prelim CT reads etc. And some PAs are mostly chart reviewers, obtain consent and do preop H/Ps. Salery should depend on department contribution.

usually hours are m-f daytime. Some places have PAs rotate through call but it’s rare.

I am a bit biased but I do have to say that just about everywhere IR is absolutely the coolest specialty around! 

Welcoome to IR!! Good luck 

Archived