Teacher LOR? When to ask?

Hi guys, 

For those of you who have gotten or are getting LORs from professors, do you usually wait until the end of the class, when you receive a final grade to actually ask for a letter? I want to ask my microbiology professor, our final isn't for another 2 weeks but I'm at a 99% in the class and I'm pretty confident that I will finish with an A, so I am not sure if it would look bad if I ask him in advance. Does anyone have an options on that?

You should ask as soon as you can. You should give your professor at least 2 weeks to write your letter because you're probably not the only person who he would have to write one for. I asked all of my evaluators like 2 months in advance just so that they can really take their time. The last thing you want to do is rush your professor. But if you're not submitting your app for a while then you should be ok.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You should ask ASAP. And realistically give them 4 weeks to write the LOR. Why? Because they have ton of things to do specially this late into the semester/quarter. Grade all the tests, have it entered into the system, etc, etc. Also don't forget they also have personal life they want to move on with ending a class and possibly have many other students who have also asked them to write LORs. 

So, ask now and make sure to ask if they will write a STRONG LOR. Not just a LOR a STRONG one. 

Guest blee100

I'm taking genetics at the moment and after receiving a 98 on the first exam and 100 on the second exam I asked her. So by the time the class ended this week she finished the letter ?

Archived