Hey guys, quick volunteer question for you all...

I put EVERYTHING that i considered service to my campus or community on my caspa. Even things I only did for 1 hr. It took a lot of time, but all of my hours really added up. I had working and donating at the red cross blood drives on mine. But I would only put it if you have lots of other volunteer things as well!

Lol sorry guys, didnt know this would upset so many of you. Its just one things out of many things that i considered adding to my app, was just curious if I could include it in as volunteer criteria........so yea, didnt say it was all i have as volunteer, just asked if it could be considered volunteer. Thanks for the comments I guess?

Like Vaston said, not upset just amused that this was asked. You even put a "thanks for the answers, thoughts and opinions" tag on the end of your post, and thats exactly what you got--answers, thoughts and opinions. Don't light the fireworks if you're not willing to watch the show.

Lol sorry guys, didnt know this would upset so many of you. Its just one things out of many things that i considered adding to my app, was just curious if I could include it in as volunteer criteria........so yea, didnt say it was all i have as volunteer, just asked if it could be considered volunteer. Thanks for the comments I guess?

Like Vaston said, not upset just amused that this was asked. You even put a "thanks for the answers, thoughts and opinions" tag on the end of your post, and thats exactly what you got--answers, thoughts and opinions. Don't light the fireworks if you're not willing to watch the show.

I don't think it is THAT ridiculous of a question. As others have said, it would just look plain silly if it it were replacing actual volunteer service. But in the context of someone having done a lot of other service, it can help tell the story of somebody who is a systemic volunteer, aka, have thoroughly commited to living in service of those in need. I have done MANY things over the years, but I wouldn't exclude the one or two hour little things I've done because those can be just the kinds of things that separate those that volunteer to get something out of it, and those that volunteer because it is in their nature to want to help.

I don't think it is THAT ridiculous of a question. As others have said, it would just look plain silly if it it were replacing actual volunteer service. But in the context of someone having done a lot of other service, it can help tell the story of somebody who is a systemic volunteer, aka, have thoroughly commited to living in service of those in need. I have done MANY things over the years, but I wouldn't exclude the one or two hour little things I've done because those can be just the kinds of things that separate those that volunteer to get something out of it, and those that volunteer because it is in their nature to want to help.

Archived