What pay should a new grad expect in primary care and urgent care?

In California with not a whole lot of previous health care experience.  Its hard to tell what should be expected because only mean wages are listed on the BLS OES website.

current mean wage is $54.29/hr which is $112,930/yr working full time.

or really anywhere.  how much lower should a new grads wage be than the mean average for their state?

Way too many variables to give you a good answer. California being somewhat huge has a big differences in regional costs of living and salary. I also haven't a clue about other market forces like demand for PAs vs supply.

You would probably be better served to ask in a forum of California PAs.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:09 PM, SoCal_PA said:

I'm no longer a new grad, but I took a primary care position as a 2nd year PA and I'm at around $140k with salary + bonus. Los Angeles 

That seems pretty high for LA. LA tends to be lower than the state average. 

Is it a government sector position?  Are you including benefits into that calculation?  What is your hourly?

12 hours ago, place123 said:

That seems pretty high for LA. LA tends to be lower than the state average. 

Is it a government sector position?  Are you including benefits into that calculation?  What is your hourly?

No, it's a large corporation. No benefits included. It's my salary plus a standard bonus

7 hours ago, SoCal_PA said:

No, it's a large corporation. No benefits included. It's my salary plus a standard bonus

Very nice.  According to the BLS, in los angeles the average is only around $100k. 

What factors would you say went into you getting such a good salary?  Did you have a lot of pre PA experience?  Are you salary and they are expecting a lot of hours out of you?

Archived