Got one!!

Just found out my second doc that I approached for minority ownership in a home visit practice has said YES

got my computers last week (Acer S3 ultrabook), dragon speaks, MS word, Neat Receipt scanner for traking costs and scanning in insurance cards right in peoples homes, and already have peachtree accounting software.

so far the numbers:

One doc declined

Second doc accepted

$1600 spent on computers and equipement

$20 on business cards

Will have to pay out $4500 for malpractice up front

4.5% = $150/month for EMR and Billing and Collections

$1000 and climbing for legal advice - suspect about $3k by the time I am done

that is about it....... it is looking better and better every week

now the tough part - my full time employer does not know about this - at some point they are going to find out - hope they don't fire me.....

Just found out my second doc that I approached for minority ownership in a home visit practice has said YES

got my computers last week (Acer S3 ultrabook), dragon speaks, MS word, Neat Receipt scanner for traking costs and scanning in insurance cards right in peoples homes, and already have peachtree accounting software.

so far the numbers:

One doc declined

Second doc accepted

$1600 spent on computers and equipement

$20 on business cards

Will have to pay out $4500 for malpractice up front

4.5% = $150/month for EMR and Billing and Collections

$1000 and climbing for legal advice - suspect about $3k by the time I am done

that is about it....... it is looking better and better every week

now the tough part - my full time employer does not know about this - at some point they are going to find out - hope they don't fire me.....

Congrats Ventana...what ehr are u using. Im helping a md friend of mine open a practice in may with partnership implications and we are looking at Cerner, Epic (mega bucks), and practice fusion. They all have their pros and cons. I have used meditab and nextgen with mixed results. Just curious what you found....

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Congrats Ventana...what ehr are u using. Im helping a md friend of mine open a practice in may with partnership implications and we are looking at Cerner, Epic (mega bucks), and practice fusion. They all have their pros and cons. I have used meditab and nextgen with mixed results. Just curious what you found....

going out on a limb

AAHCP has a monthly flyer - it in a company advertised and I have been talking with them. As i am small (tiny in fact in that a full panel will be 200 patients) I have to keep overhead low low low

they offered 4.5% +$150/month for the emr and this covers all EMR, Credentialing, Billings, collections and the like

figure 200k/yr in receipts and this is about 10k for BILLING and EMR

this is his contact info (he seems very helpful)

Cory Boyle, RHIA, MHSA

coryb@medicalcareassociates.org

Medical Care Associates, Inc.

15621 W. 87th Street, Ste. 354

Lenexa, Kansas 66219

p. (866) 609-5880

c. (913) 449-0885

f. (913) 948-9877

www.medicalcareassociates.org

www.aperioEMR.com

www.MCAccrc.com

going out on a limb

AAHCP has a monthly flyer - it in a company advertised and I have been talking with them. As i am small (tiny in fact in that a full panel will be 200 patients) I have to keep overhead low low low

they offered 4.5% +$150/month for the emr and this covers all EMR, Credentialing, Billings, collections and the like

figure 200k/yr in receipts and this is about 10k for BILLING and EMR

this is his contact info (he seems very helpful)

Cory Boyle, RHIA, MHSA

coryb@medicalcareassociates.org

Medical Care Associates, Inc.

15621 W. 87th Street, Ste. 354

Lenexa, Kansas 66219

p. (866) 609-5880

c. (913) 449-0885

f. (913) 948-9877

www.medicalcareassociates.org

www.aperioEMR.com

www.MCAccrc.com

Archived