Interesting PA interview

Uh...um....uh...... We.... Um.... Practice as part of a team... Uh.... And I can write prescriptions, too. This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the profession.

Not the worst interview ever, but I think it could have gone a lot more smoothly. Overall I don't know that Ms. Miller defined "Physician Assistant" strongly, and the hesitations seemed unconvincing. The big thing is that on a national stage the rhetoric - ethos and pathos particularly - needed to be solid. I felt it wasn't, so I cringed a lot during the interview.

My $0.02.

Andrew

Uh...um....uh...... We.... Um.... Practice as part of a team... Uh.... And I can write prescriptions, too. This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the profession.

Not the worst interview ever, but I think it could have gone a lot more smoothly. Overall I don't know that Ms. Miller defined "Physician Assistant" strongly, and the hesitations seemed unconvincing. The big thing is that on a national stage the rhetoric - ethos and pathos particularly - needed to be solid. I felt it wasn't, so I cringed a lot during the interview.

My $0.02.

Andrew

Uh...um....uh...... We.... Um.... Practice as part of a team... Uh.... And I can write prescriptions, too. This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the profession...so I cringed a lot during the interview.Andrew

The PA profession could learn alot from the Republican leadership in this country. I don't mean that the Republican ideas are good or bad. I just have to say that Republicans know how to formulate and distribute unified messaging. Democrats really are terrible at messaging. Thus, Republicans more often than not are controlling the story and Democrats are defending themselves. The RNC (Republican National Committee) creates strategy and messaging which is distributed to Republican politicians and right wing outlets on radio and television (primarily FOX News). That message is hammered away on every media outlet. Hence, Republicans control the story and Democrats are always on their heels.

Many people (including myself) complain about the AAPA failing to do much to advance the PA profession. This is where the AAPA could step up and behave like the RNC. Our AAPA is just not motivated and aggressive. Whether or not your agree with Republicans, I think you have to agree that they are vicious attack dogs ready to tear apart any opposition. They are a well oiled fighting machine. I wish the AAPA could help PAs behave more like Republicans.

Uh...um....uh...... We.... Um.... Practice as part of a team... Uh.... And I can write prescriptions, too. This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the profession...so I cringed a lot during the interview.Andrew

The PA profession could learn alot from the Republican leadership in this country. I don't mean that the Republican ideas are good or bad. I just have to say that Republicans know how to formulate and distribute unified messaging. Democrats really are terrible at messaging. Thus, Republicans more often than not are controlling the story and Democrats are defending themselves. The RNC (Republican National Committee) creates strategy and messaging which is distributed to Republican politicians and right wing outlets on radio and television (primarily FOX News). That message is hammered away on every media outlet. Hence, Republicans control the story and Democrats are always on their heels.

Many people (including myself) complain about the AAPA failing to do much to advance the PA profession. This is where the AAPA could step up and behave like the RNC. Our AAPA is just not motivated and aggressive. Whether or not your agree with Republicans, I think you have to agree that they are vicious attack dogs ready to tear apart any opposition. They are a well oiled fighting machine. I wish the AAPA could help PAs behave more like Republicans.

Agree with others- this is cringeworthy.

Failed at providing a concise description of a PA.

Why is it so hard for so many PAs to say it simply- we practice medicine. We practice medicine. We practice medicine.

Primary care PAs "do" just what the primary care docs do. The differences are how those PAs get in the door.

Agree with others- this is cringeworthy.

Failed at providing a concise description of a PA.

Why is it so hard for so many PAs to say it simply- we practice medicine. We practice medicine. We practice medicine.

Primary care PAs "do" just what the primary care docs do. The differences are how those PAs get in the door.

Archived