What do PA Schools look for

Guest blee100

Guest blee100

My genetics professor is writing a letter of recommendation for me and she wants me to make a Cv and pretty much a list of what PA schools are looking for in an applicant. 

What I have now is

Responsible Individual

Skillful

Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to new situations

Professionalism 

Maturity

Compassion for individuals in diverse ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds.

Knowledge of Health Care System

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can add to this list ?

If you are having a academic LOR they have to write about your academic prowess. Can you handle large amounts of information? Did you do well in your class? Also, you may have heard this before but make sure your professor knows you well. It will be seen in the letter but the better the person knows you, the better the letter will be. Not because it covers all the bases but because the letter will naturally speak about you instead of the things you asked a professor to mention. This is better than having someone that gave you an A but has no idea who you are and what you are about. Good luck. 

Guest blee100
6 minutes ago, lccalbert said:

If you are having a academic LOR they have to write about your academic prowess. Can you handle large amounts of information? Did you do well in your class? Also, you may have heard this before but make sure your professor knows you well. It will be seen in the letter but the better the person knows you, the better the letter will be. Not because it covers all the bases but because the letter will naturally speak about you instead of the things you asked a professor to mention. This is better than having someone that gave you an A but has no idea who you are and what you are about. Good luck. 

She asking for an outline so she can reinforce specific topics that schools are looking for so she hit all her bases. I have one of the highest grades in the class and I'm in her office hours and speak to her before and after class on numerous occasions. She knows my name and she knows my background. I'm confident she will write something nice but I wanted to make an outline that states what are the main components they look for in applicants personality overall. I stay after class every class to work on homework and ask questions I'm not worried about her writing a bad letter I just wanted to make it easier for her to write my letter.She does research and teaching cell bio and genetics so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for her to make a wonderful essay for me.

Archived