Salaries??

I wanted to know opinions on what a new grad should be offered in terms of salary (cali preferably but any input appreciated). Iv looked at Advance and AAPA estimates and wanted to know if these are accurate representations? Thanks for any input!

Geography also important in California. Much higher salaries in the central San Joaquin Valley and rural areas of the state as opposed to the metropolitan areas. Couple that with a lower cost of living in the rural areas. $85K with benefits a good starting point, but don't expect to get that in LA / SD / SF right out of the box.

If you are looking at family practice I would expect in the 70s as opposed to 80s to start just given the fact that it is one of the lower paying specialties.

as burnpac noted there are places in the central valley that pay very well even to new grads in fp.

there is a poster here who got 100k as a new grad doing fp in the middle of ca.

as burnpac noted there are places in the central valley that pay very well even to new grads in fp.

there is a poster here who got 100k as a new grad doing fp in the middle of ca.

That's a pretty nice chunk of change for family med. Salary came up with several of my FP preceptors and I dont think any made over 85K, and they weren't new grads. I saw a contract from one that was around 70K just 2 years ago when they started.

If they're paying about market rates take the job if its where you want to be; 12 cents more or less and hour doesn't matter. As a PA we will never make as much as a doctor because we do not carry the liablity risk that a doctor does. However we are nicely compensated. When we graduate we have many bills plus a life style we expect. Over the coming years of being nicely compensated we will pay off those bills and achieve the life style we desire. When you look back you'll never remember that you make $8.02/hr for xyz. You will be able to recall accurately the people you met and were able to help.

Archived