A REAL level one trauma center

I trained at the main level one center in Dallas with the burn center for 5 states - would not trade my education all those years ago for anything. If you couldn't learn there - you were hiding in a broom closet. I flew with the air service as a third rider and got to rotate on teams that so many students never have access to.  

Amazing services and results. 

8 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

I trained at the main level one center in Dallas with the burn center for 5 states - would not trade my education all those years ago for anything. If you couldn't learn there - you were hiding in a broom closet. I flew with the air service as a third rider and got to rotate on teams that so many students never have access to.  

Amazing services and results. 

They also have a burn center at this facility now.  And to think that just 30+ years ago this facility was off in the middle of nowhere, four floors, a single intensive care unit regardless of the underlying condition, a single cardiologist on staff, and an ER with 6-8 beds as I recall (next to the radiology file room), all of which was off a single hallway running the length of the building.  I had the run of the place back then.  Now, if I were to enter, I'd get lost.