How to improve my GPA

Hi! I graduated from undergrad in May 2017. I was planning on applying to PA programs this upcoming cycle (spring 2018). Unfortunately, after calculating my gpa the way CASPA does it, my overall GPA is a 2.9. While this is extremely upsetting, I am determined to improve it. I would like to retake some of my core sciences like general bio or A&P but I am having a difficult time finding somewhere that will let me take the courses. Because I did not fail these courses the first time, my school of undergrad and my local CC will not allow me to retake these courses for a grade. Is there any way around this? I also was considering enrolling in a masters of medical science before PA school to improve my GPA but I also need a 3.0 to apply to that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am trying my best to not get discouraged because PA is where my heart is. Thank you!

Archived