Family Medicine Offer

hummmm

CME - should be AT LEAST $1500 if not $2500 and they should pay for ALL your licenses and affiliations outside of that....

3000,000/month - NOPE - suspect that was a yearly # and even that is high

you should ask for a % bonus over 200% of your salary - ie if you are paid 10k a month, after 20k in collections you should get 25% of collections....  it is simple and it works - stress to them that you are not taking money away from them, but instead making more money for everyone!

Overall sounds reasonable BUT

Write down in bullet points what the offer is, and what your counter is - 

if they are not providing Health insurance they should increase your salary

15 a day is A LOT in a clinic - 20 is nuts (an I used to do thirty before I smartened up...)

the bigger issue - I would get EVERYTHING in writing, and I mean EVERYTHING - down to breaks, paid lunch, specific # of hours PTO - if it is not written down it means nothing.....

3 hours ago, ventana said:

hummmm

CME - should be AT LEAST $1500 if not $2500 and they should pay for ALL your licenses and affiliations outside of that....

3000,000/month - NOPE - suspect that was a yearly # and even that is high

you should ask for a % bonus over 200% of your salary - ie if you are paid 10k a month, after 20k in collections you should get 25% of collections....  it is simple and it works - stress to them that you are not taking money away from them, but instead making more money for everyone!

Overall sounds reasonable BUT

Write down in bullet points what the offer is, and what your counter is - 

if they are not providing Health insurance they should increase your salary

15 a day is A LOT in a clinic - 20 is nuts (an I used to do thirty before I smartened up...)

the bigger issue - I would get EVERYTHING in writing, and I mean EVERYTHING - down to breaks, paid lunch, specific # of hours PTO - if it is not written down it means nothing.....

300K per year is not very hard to get in my opinion. With most of my patients having medicare/medicaid and I work in a rural health clinic which means I get a severe deduction per office visit, even I hit 400K (just over) per year and I work 32-34hrs/week.  

$100k/yr with no insurance is ~$90k/year with insurance. Functionally you aren’t getting a raise because insurance as a professional should be expected. Just because you get insurance through your spouse does not mean that you shouldn’t be offered it from work with the option to turn it down. 

Further, your two years of experience is worth more than $10k. You are selling yourself short. 

Archived