NCCPA Certification Maintenance Fee

Guest UVAPAC

So I just paid my NCCPA Certification Maintenance Fee ($150, which is due every 2 years to maintain licensure).  Does anyone know what NCCPA uses this fee for?  Does anyone know if MD's or APRN's have to pay a certification maintenance fee?

When I asked my SP to use CME funds to pay, he seemed baffled/confused about what the fee was for (but ultimately paid).  

I wonder if there are any other professions asides from medical that require you to shell out as frequently.  DEA $755 (every 3 years), State $155 a year, CS $40 every other year, Maintenance Fee $150 every other year, PANRE $750 every 8-10 years.  

Unlikely you would get NCCPA to state exactly where certification maintenance fees actually go other than general operating funds but the likely beneficiary is the CME logging and all the details, brick & mortar, software, hardware, personnel, etc that go into maintaining 100,000+ individuals records. I would be surprised if your SP did not also have to pay those type of fees if board certified. They definitely have to pay the state fees. More likely baffled because they just don't want to pay out the money for anything unless clearly a CME function. May want to rename your CME fund to a professional development fund and outline exactly what it can be used for.

G

Archived