Assigned 2 interviews at the exact same time..?

Hey Guys,

I was assigned two interviews on the exact same date and time. Both schools have a "rolling admissions" process. I don't really preference one school over but I obviously would like to attend as many interviews as possible to increase my chances of acceptance. The schools both out of state for me, but they are in the same state and are only 45 min away from each other. I was just wondering if any of you have been in a similar situation and have any advice for me on how to proceed. Thanks!!

Some schools interview for two half-days on a given day, so you could be a morning or an afternoon interview. That might work for you.

The alternative is to call one school and say that you have a conflict you can't resolve and let them pick another day.

This happens. Everyone expects people to have other commitments from time to time.

Thank you co much you guys! Fortunately I was able to call and explain the situation to the school and they were able to move my interview to a later date. Unfortunately this may end up affecting me negatively due to the rolling admissions process, just still happy to get the opportunity! 

Guest hcruz496

I had this happen with UNT and UTSW. My interviews were at 8:00 and the other at 1:00. I couldn’t make both so I let UNT know I wanted a later date, they said fine as long as the class didn’t fill up before then. I interviewed at UTSW only to find out I was rejected. Then I got an email later from UNT that said interviews were done for the year and thanks for applying. Choose wisely.  I couldn’t have predicted that but what luck. 

Archived