Re-Applying New LOR?

Hello Everyone,

As many of you are, I have been trying to prepare for the next round of applications. This is my first year re-applying and was wondering what to do about letters of recommendation. I feel that I have three strong letters, is it necessary or recommended that I get new LORs?

What about the personal statement? I was granted an interview last period, so I feel that I only need to tweak my essay versus re-writing it. In no way am I trying to be lazy, I just really like what I wrote. I think I already know what everyone is going to post about this, but please voice your opinions. Thanks in advance!

Josh

You already know you need to rewrite your personal statement. I can tell, you know it.

The schools who rejected you read your rec letters. Think about that. In your shoes, I would approach my writers and ask them again. If you think the letters are strong, give them an opportunity to be stronger and (importantly) up to date.

Archived