Bummed about my CASPA gpa

I knew it was coming since my community college classes back in the day were not entirely calculated into my university GPA. 

I graduated uni with a 3.38 even though I had a major upward trend. 

I took 19 units of hard sci pre reqs right after graduating and got a 4.0. I thought my CASPA GPA would be at least 3.4. 

My CASPA GPA ended up being 3.36 with a sciGPA of 3.76

Pretty bummed.  I would love to take a bunch more community college sci courses but I work an average of 56hours as an emt right now.

My caspa gpa was 3.34 - I received 3 interviews and have one acceptance so far.

There are plenty of schools that weigh your last 60 credit hours heavier than cumulative gpa as there are plenty of folks who floundered early in their academic career. Do some research and you'll figure out which schools they are. Also, I think being a competitive applicant means more than just having good grades. Healthcare experience, volunteering, shadowing PAs, solid LORs, and a strong essay will get you far. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cGPA from CAPSA reads a 3.26 when I graduated with a 3.41 (my undergrad college replaces your grades if you take it at the institution even after you graduate). Anyway, I have FOUR interviews, and a waitlist so far that hopefully will turn to acceptance, and I still have 8 schools to hear from. I am still jacked that I have only received 1 rejection so far. I agree with NeedMoreCoffee on the points they stated to compensate.

There are plenty of people who gain acceptance with those GPAs. I honestly thought, based on the title, that it would be more lower than that! Your science GPA is awesome and I'm sure your BCP GPA is good too. Don't worry about it so much since you've completed school try to focus on other areas such as LORs, personal statement, and some community service. Even in your personal statement you can say that you had taken classes in the past which were not considered a part of your overall GPA due to a time-gap but that you continued to have an upward trend and feel that your overall GPA is not a true reflection of your potential and willingness to perform well in PA school. It should be very brief and perhaps not that long but just some ideas.

Archived