Elective Rotation choices

Hey all!

I have questions pertaining to my 2 elective rotations. I wish there was an elective that I was dying to go into but for now, I am using my electives to guide me in which specialty I would like to work in. 

I am also in a dual master program so I graduate with PA and MPH and would like to utilize my mph. 

I am deciding between these 4 to get my 2 elective rotations, I have listed them in order of interest. 

1) Dermatology

2) Hematology/Oncology

3) Orthopedics

4) ICU

I know my goal for after PA school is to get married, have kids. I can't seriously date too much with the demands of PA school. I wanted a specialty that is challenging enough so I feel satisfied with my job (and the amount of schooling I did!). 

Any input is appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Maybe pick one inpt and one outpt. Just me personally if I had to choose from the list id choose ICU for inpt - give you a chance to be exposed to taking care of sick sick pts.  The hours will probably suck though. 

Then for outpt I'd do derm. It is a nice lifestyle and something to think about as a career. 

The MPH is going to help you out in probably any area you choose to practice. 

Archived