On 9/4/2017 at 2:04 PM, pitunia said:

Have anyone heard back from the program? I have received the confirmation end of July. Nothing after that.

I haven't submitted yet. I plan to at the end of this month/first week of October. I'll let you know of any information I receive. 

1 minute ago, ShipsCorpsman said:

I have applied and received confirmation that application has been received. I still haven't heard anything though. 

same here :/

On 12/1/2017 at 10:15 AM, Katyagar said:

Hi everyone. I contacted the admissions team and was told that interviews are sometime in February in case anyone was wondering. 

Thanks @Katyagar ! Any word on when they would be sending out invitations?

Hi everyone,

They have started sending invitations to interview and will be scheduling them soon. Does anyone know potentially what the interview style is like for this program?

Thanks. 

Hello,

Just got an email today stating that I've been selected for an interview. The email didn't give a specific time or date, just said that they'll be contacting me in the next two weeks. Anyone else get this email?

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2018 at 4:38 PM, ShipsCorpsman said:

Hello,

Just got an email today stating that I've been selected for an interview. The email didn't give a specific time or date, just said that they'll be contacting me in the next two weeks. Anyone else get this email?

Hi,

I also received this email! Patiently waiting for the next step. Best of luck.

On 1/25/2018 at 4:38 PM, ShipsCorpsman said:

Hello,

i also received this email yesterday. Typically how long before they send an email with an interview date?

I got a phone call and they left me a voice mail. I called back and have an interview date scheduled for the end of February. There is something about a written assignment due after your interview. That's really all I know. 

On 2/12/2018 at 4:49 PM, PArockstar said:

Is this for CUNY? City College of New York? i've submitted but haven't gotten anything back yet. 

Sounds like you're not from NYC. There are multiple CUNY campuses throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City. This is specifically for CUNY York PA Program. Did you apply to other CUNY campuses? From what I gather they just started issuing out interviews. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShipsCorpsman said:

I got a phone call and they left me a voice mail. I called back and have an interview date scheduled for the end of February. There is something about a written assignment due after your interview. That's really all I know. 

I got the same phone call but I heard that the assignment is due at the time of the interview. Like an essay.

3 hours ago, ShipsCorpsman said:

Sounds like you're not from NYC. There are multiple CUNY campuses throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City. This is specifically for CUNY York PA Program. Did you apply to other CUNY campuses? From what I gather they just started issuing out interviews. 

I applied to this one: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/csom/cuny-school-medicine-pa-program-standards-capacity-technical-standards... I am not sure what its called... It just says CUNY on the website... Please let me know

That website looks like it is for sophie davis ccny program in Harlem. I also applied there and they said not to expect any communication until APRIL. This thread here is for CUNY York in Queens. 

On a different note, I got an email from Tenesha Spain from CUNY York 3 weeks ago saying that I was invited for an interview and that they will let me know the day and time in the next couple weeks...but I never heard back. I emailed back twice since then. Anybody have advice?

DK10977.

You need to get on the phone and call Mrs. Spain. If she doesn't answer you should show up in person. Someone should be calling you and leaving a voice mail. If it's been several weeks you need to reach out to them.

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2018 at 0:01 AM, PArockstar said:

I applied to this one: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/csom/cuny-school-medicine-pa-program-standards-capacity-technical-standards... I am not sure what its called... It just says CUNY on the website... Please let me know

PArockstar,

Looks like you applied to the campus in Manhattan. Yet, I noticed you went ahead and created a thread for CUNY School of Med. Did you apply to CUNY York as well?

I already emailed back to two different York PA email addresses about getting an interview date. One was sent directly to Tenesha Spain and the other was to the email that sent me the congratulations.

I also left her a message on her voicemail already.

The communication with this program is really bad. Tenesha told me once earlier in the cycle that the paprogram@york.cuny address is the only working email at the admissions office so when they do interoffice emailing it still used the same address. So new incoming emails and interoffice messages look the same to everyone so that's why they don't always answer right away! 

Can anyone imagine learning to practice medicine in an institution like that????

Hello everyone,

Just had my interview yesterday with the program. I was so anxious but the faculty is so nice and understand the nerves that come along with the interview process and do a great job of making you comfortable. 

As far as preparation, there’s not much you can do for the writing portion after the face to face interview but I would practice your general program questions and be prepared if you have any bumps in your caspa application. They will ask you about your strengths and weaknesses.

Best of luck! 

On 2/26/2018 at 8:36 PM, ShipsCorpsman said:

PArockstar,

Looks like you applied to the campus in Manhattan. Yet, I noticed you went ahead and created a thread for CUNY School of Med. Did you apply to CUNY York as well?

No I guess just the Manhattan one... Is there already a thread for that one?