2017-2018 cycle

On 2/28/2018 at 5:38 PM, SBLI said:

Hello everyone,

Just had my interview yesterday with the program. I was so anxious but the faculty is so nice and understand the nerves that come along with the interview process and do a great job of making you comfortable. 

As far as preparation, there’s not much you can do for the writing portion after the face to face interview but I would practice your general program questions and be prepared if you have any bumps in your caspa application. They will ask you about your strengths and weaknesses.

Best of luck! 

Did they tell you when you will hear back? Also how long was the interview?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 10:38 AM, SBLI said:

Hello everyone,

Just had my interview yesterday with the program. I was so anxious but the faculty is so nice and understand the nerves that come along with the interview process and do a great job of making you comfortable. 

As far as preparation, there’s not much you can do for the writing portion after the face to face interview but I would practice your general program questions and be prepared if you have any bumps in your caspa application. They will ask you about your strengths and weaknesses.

Best of luck! 

Hi SBLI

Can you tell me how long does the interview last? And it’s one on one or it is you and other students? And how many people interview you? Did they tell you when you should expect the answer from them?

are you from NY?

On 3/4/2018 at 2:40 PM, Futurepaaa said:

Did they tell you when you will hear back? Also how long was the interview?

Hello,

They said to expect a phone call no later than May 31st. The interview process was about an hour and a half long, and you are interviewed by 2-3 staff members. It’s just you and them. I am from NY

2 hours ago, Katyagar said:

Thank you! My interview was on February 15th. Don't be nervous! I wish you luck :)

Congratulations!!!! Katy 

my interview is next week very nervous OMG 1,5 hour interview plus the writing part? Or all together?

can you tell a bit more about the interview process? What questions did they ask mostly? 

Question to everyone who already went on the interview 

many thanks, to all of you

I was accepted 14March. I interviewed February 27th. Congrats to those that have been interviewed and accepted. I can't wait to meet everyone.

The interview process is pretty standard. 2 interviewers, and they go back and forth with the questions. The questions are very standard: What is the role of a PA?, Why do you want to be a PA? What do you bring to the classroom if we accept you?, what type of medicine do you see yourself doing? 

Once those questions are done you finish with your essay/short answer. Similar to GRE essay. 

On 3/15/2018 at 6:24 PM, Katyagar said:

Thank you! My interview was on February 15th. Don't be nervous! I wish you luck :)

@ShipsCorpsman is right. The interview is pretty standard. I honestly felt more comfortable at this interview than any other. The interviewers are very nice, they really make it more of a conversation than an interrogation. The questions are mostly about why you want to be a PA, what you can bring to the program, why you are interested in the program, etc. I wish you the best of luck! I can't wait to meet you all. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I spoke to Mrs. Spain today and she stated that the next step after your commitment application ($250 deposit) will be the class codes for registration. She also stated that there will be a medical terminology textbook assignment for over the summer. All of these steps will be announced via email. CUNY York academic calendar for Fall 2018 is not posted yet. If I hear anything else I will post it here. 

Luke

9 hours ago, ShipsCorpsman said:

Hello Everyone,

I spoke to Mrs. Spain today and she stated that the next step after your commitment application ($250 deposit) will be the class codes for registration. She also stated that there will be a medical terminology textbook assignment for over the summer. All of these steps will be announced via email. CUNY York academic calendar for Fall 2018 is not posted yet. If I hear anything else I will post it here. 

Luke

Thank you for the information! I'm going to post this in the FB group for our incoming class.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225887448169405/?ref=bookmarks

Archived