Hi everyone!

I have a question for those of you with some experience or knowledge about admissions committees or the selection process in general. Which GPA do adcoms hold in higher esteem: the BCP GPA or the Overall Science GPA?

I'm wondering this because I was surprised when I got my CASPA GPAs back and saw that my Overall Science GPA is significantly higher than my BCP.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have and good luck to all of my fellow applicants!

13 minutes ago, alakait said:

Hi everyone!

I have a question for those of you with some experience or knowledge about admissions committees or the selection process in general. Which GPA do adcoms hold in higher esteem: the BCP GPA or the Overall Science GPA?

I'm wondering this because I was surprised when I got my CASPA GPAs back and saw that my Overall Science GPA is significantly higher than my BCP.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have and good luck to all of my fellow applicants!

From my own understanding, the science GPA (sGPA) can be higher bcos other non-science classes are not factored in unlike the cumulative GPA (cGPA); that's why is science GPA (i.e science courses only). Also, if your individual grades on the science courses are better than the non sciences, definitely, it will boost your sGPA. In my own case my cumulative GPA is 3.98 while my science GPA is 4.0. I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, PharmD said:

From my own understanding, the science GPA (sGPA) can be higher bcos other non-science classes are not factored in unlike the cumulative GPA (cGPA); that's why is science GPA (i.e science courses only). Also, if your individual grades on the science courses are better than the non sciences, definitely, it will boost your sGPA. In my own case my cumulative GPA is 3.98 while my science GPA is 4.0. I hope this helps.

I think you're confused. They're talking about the overall science vs. BCP (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) GPA. Not cumulative.

OP, I think it depends on the school's requirements. I would only guess BCP, because the overall science GPA can be raised by non-major/filler science courses.

9 hours ago, LadyNichiavelli said:

I think you're confused. They're talking about the overall science vs. BCP (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) GPA. Not cumulative.

OP, I think it depends on the school's requirements. I would only guess BCP, because the overall science GPA can be raised by non-major/filler science courses.

Thank you!

Archived