COLORADO: Rocky Vista University

9 minutes ago, SephONE said:

Really? Both Cathy and David went over rotations with our group.  Although they weren't willing to put forward any specific rotation sites, David mentioned that they had a few opportunities with IHS and Cathy discussed the variable opportunities for long and short duration rotations at either hospital/multi-clinic sites or individual clinics respectively.  David also touched on the POSSIBILITY of doing extracurricular rotations with a site of your choosing--this of course, provided you meet the competency requirement for all EPAs early (something very likely for those of us with a good deal of experience in certain specialties).

Bottom line is were the inaugural program.  For our class stats to reflect kindly on RVU (which already has stellar DO stats), the staff will need to ensure that each of us meets/exceeds the program mission goals.

I guess I just interviewed at a lot of other places so I have a lot of comparison.

On 3/13/2018 at 3:48 PM, tuttut said:

[...]There wasn't even a slideshow like at every other school.

I guess I just interviewed at a lot of other places so I have a lot of comparison.

Seriously?  You're upset because there was no powerpoint presentation? quit trolling 

Genuinely curious what other schools you interviewed with or were accepted to...?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

For the life of me I can't figure out how to directly reply to posts on this forum lol. I have been looking at housing for the last several weeks. I have a family so I won't be rooming, but I know a student that attended the DO program and he said a lot of students lived at Courtney Downs because it was within walking distance. 

Also, has anyone received any additional emails from RVU regarding seat deposits or official acceptance letters or anything? I was at work when they called and got limited information in the voicemail they left regarding when we would hear from them again. Can anyone shed some light?

When I talked to them after they became accredited they said it would take (I think) 2-4 weeks before Arc-PA would allow them to publish the accreditation status and start moving ahead with things. I think it's been just over two weeks, so my guess is we should be hearing from them within the next couple of weeks about a deposit and other details.

• Upvote 1

Guest LoveAndHappiness
On 4/2/2018 at 11:26 AM, scottkrech said:

I have started to look. What's your name and I'll add you on FB and message you.

I don't have a facebook anymore =( but I have an instagram if you have one. 

Guest LoveAndHappiness
On 4/2/2018 at 2:31 PM, Mbuys said:

Also, has anyone received any additional emails from RVU regarding seat deposits or official acceptance letters or anything? I was at work when they called and got limited information in the voicemail they left regarding when we would hear from them again. Can anyone shed some light?

On 4/2/2018 at 2:27 PM, Mbuys said:

For the life of me I can't figure out how to directly reply to posts on this forum lol. I have been looking at housing for the last several weeks. I have a family so I won't be rooming, but I know a student that attended the DO program and he said a lot of students lived at Courtney Downs because it was within walking distance. 

Thank you! I will look into Courtney Downs =)

I also received a voice message but I haven't reached out because they said they will be in touch. I did complete my FAFSA though. Didn't think it would hurt to get it done now and by the time it processes we should receive further communication from the school. 

21 hours ago, LoveAndHappiness said:

Thank you! I will look into Courtney Downs =)

I also received a voice message but I haven't reached out because they said they will be in touch. I did complete my FAFSA though. Didn't think it would hurt to get it done now and by the time it processes we should receive further communication from the school. 

No problem! Question though,  when you completed your FAFSA for RVU was it for their Osteopathic program or for their PA Program? Or do we not need to specify the specific program?

Guest LoveAndHappiness
23 hours ago, Mbuys said:

No problem! Question though,  when you completed your FAFSA for RVU was it for their Osteopathic program or for their PA Program? Or do we not need to specify the specific program?

When I was filling it out there was only one option for RVU and it was the college of osteopathic medicine. They also have a biomedical masters, I believe, and that wasn’t on there so I assumed they are all under one name. Let me know if you see something different.

Regardless we can always go back and make a fafsa correction after it’s processed and it’s quickly corrected by Fafsa. 

• 8 months later...

@Mbuys @LoveAndHappiness @PrePA320 @stevenbrule @scottkrech @nursejackie I'm trying to tag more of you, but I can't seem to get that function to work 100% of the time of this forum.

Hello! I have been accepted to the class of 2021 and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to talk to me more about the program and let me know how it is going for you all. I've been accepted to a couple of other programs out of state and I'm trying to make a decision soon. Students were unavailable during my interview the afternoon of Nov. 8th...I think you all were testing. From what I have learned from faculty, I am really excited about the design of the didactic portion. I am just wondering how its going from your perspective and how well organized everything seems. How do plans for the clinical year seem to be shaping up? I live in Frisco and I'd prefer to stay in Colorado. I fully believe RVU is going to be an amazing program...I'm just a little nervous about being in the first couple of classes. The other programs I have been accepted to thus far are well established and ranked well, but a lot more expensive.

Please feel free to private message me and I'll give you my phone number if talking is easier! Thank you - Jamie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, 

I am a prospective RVU PA student and have received an interview for this year. I noticed a lot of people saying they had talked to current RVU students who were having a hard time with getting clinical rotations and felt they did not have suppport from the university. I was wondering if any of the current students on this thread had experienced that. I know RVU is a newer program so I would expect there are still some things to fix but just wanted to know how anyone has felt about their time at RVU in general. Any information would be great!