COLORADO: Rocky Vista University

I am going to apply sometime in September. I called and spoke with a representative that told me they wouldn't be starting the application review process until later in the year. If you look at their website, RVU hasn't even come up with a program cost (they decide in November). That being said, I would expect RVU to have the program cost set up before they interview anyone, so that notion would place interviews past the November month.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, 

Did any of you attend their information session yesterday 10/10? I wanted to, but was unable to with my work schedule. I am most curious about their tuition. I know it is not posted yet, but expected to be in the $80,000-$85,000 ranger per their website. My question is does this include housing etc? I know other programs I am looking at include: tuition, housing, books, needed materials, even a lap top computer fee so that you can get financial aid for it all if needed. They understand that you wont be working. RVU's tuition is kinda of higher middle line so I don't know. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I know it's a little late in the game, but I just decided to apply to this program.  I am having a technical issue with 500 word autobiography. The text box in CASPA will only allow for 1000 characters, thus cutting short my response. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue? Did you just submit what you could? Thanks for any help!

Hi everyone! I know it's a little late in the game, but I just decided to apply to this program.  I am having a technical issue with 500 word autobiography. The text box in CASPA will only allow for 1000 characters, thus cutting short my response. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue? Did you just submit what you could? Thanks for any help!

I would recommend shortening your response to 1000 characters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 10:31 AM, Hesheridan said:

Has anyone out there heard about an interview yet??

Hi! I received an interview invite on October 4th. I will be interviewing next Monday December 4th. What I got from the email is that they will be interviewing candidates on 12/4-12/6. They said if you must cancel your interview you will not be able to sign up for any of those spots, but could possibly get one in January if they continue the interviews into that time. I don't know if that means they are hoping to pick all the candidates next week and will only do more interviews if they do not fill the spots? Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. 

4 minutes ago, FuturePADreamer said:

Hi! I received an interview invite on October 4th. I will be interviewing next Monday December 4th. What I got from the email is that they will be interviewing candidates on 12/4-12/6. They said if you must cancel your interview you will not be able to sign up for any of those spots, but could possibly get one in January if they continue the interviews into that time. I don't know if that means they are hoping to pick all the candidates next week and will only do more interviews if they do not fill the spots? Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. 

That doesn’t make any sense on their part. I emailed and asked if it was rolling admission and they said no. And their caspa deadline is dec 1st so it doesn’t make sense to only hold one round of interviews at the beginning of December. 

17 hours ago, Almortega said:

That doesn’t make any sense on their part. I emailed and asked if it was rolling admission and they said no. And their caspa deadline is dec 1st so it doesn’t make sense to only hold one round of interviews at the beginning of December. 

Unfortunately, I have had experience with a school that held interviews before their deadlines (they weren't rolling either) and actually had their class full prior to the CASPA application closing. I completely agree that it's not the best practice especially with non-rolling admissions. It is a waste of my time and money for that school specifically, since I applied late in the cycle. Good luck though!

25 minutes ago, FuturePADreamer said:

Unfortunately, I have had experience with a school that held interviews before their deadlines (they weren't rolling either) and actually had their class full prior to the CASPA application closing. I completely agree that it's not the best practice especially with non-rolling admissions. It is a waste of my time and money for that school specifically, since I applied late in the cycle. Good luck though!

Wow. That's actually very unethical on their part.

• 3 weeks later...