COLORADO: Rocky Vista University

7 hours ago, Bosanka27 said:

I think it's great that you did research and in fact you are right that the rotations will be all over and not just in Colorado. Some rotations will be in Arizona, New Mexico, and a few other places, and I am not sure how the federal loan support will factor into this. That is a great question that nobody during our interview asked. Good Luck!

That's neat! I love the Southwest. Yeah I'm not sure how true this is, but based off of what I've read on SDN the CU hospital system tends to not take a lot of RVU students, but that may have just been during its first few years.

On 1/14/2018 at 1:18 PM, Aspiringtobecomeapa said:

Hey everyone I have an interview scheduled for the 30th! I’m excited and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the interview format? For instance is it a group interview, mmi, traditional format? 

Hi! I'm just going to respond to you and hopefully everyone that asked about the interview earlier sees this... I interviewed in December and it was super chill and lowkey, DONT STRESS!! Seriously, the faculty are so nice and it is a fun environment to be in. The interview format for my interview was two one-on-one interviews, a group interview, and a writing sample. They gave us a tour of the facility afterwards too. Like I said, it's nothing to worry about, just smile and be you :) I hope this helps and if you have any other questions I'll try to answer them as best I can!

If they tell you guys anything about how many spots are left, how many students they accepted after the December round of interviews, if there will be a waitlist, or when you will hear back about acceptance will you let me know please?! :) 

Good luck to all!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kelseythorton said:

Planning on applying to this school next year, do they require that all the prerequisites be "in progress" at the time of the application? Or can you be planning on taking one and still apply?

You have to have a plan of taking them to apply but I would honestly try and complete most of them before your application. It is my understanding that most PA schools place the most emphasis on the grades you get in prerequisite courses. Just going by RVU's email, they don't interview that many applicants and if someone has all their prerequisite finished by application they will probably look at that applicant more favorably. This isn't to say that it's impossible, it just increases your odds of getting an interview the more your prerequisites are completed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Mbuys said:

I didnt feel like it was disorganized. It just seemed more laid back to me. I know they said it at the interview,  but when are they supposed to be receiving word on their accreditation?  I know it was this month sometime.

Yes I just don't know. I kind of have a bad feeling. They were just really unwilling to answer my questions at the interview. There wasn't even a slideshow like at every other school. The success of the school is going to depend on their clinical rotations due to their short didactic phase. They did not even have their clinical rotations set up yet which was just very alarming.

3 hours ago, tuttut said:

Is it me or was RVU really disorganized at the Interview sessions? I am a little worried about their accreditation.

Definitely not. My interview appeared extremely well organized.  Most of the program's staff were either previously affiliated with The University of Colorado's PA program or Red Rocks so if anyone knows how to start a killer PA program in Colorado, it's these guys.  Also, given their expertise with the region, I'm excited to see what types of rotation opportunity's there will be.

Not worried about accreditation in the slightest.