2017 - 2018 Application Cycle

On 2/11/2018 at 11:06 PM, PA2be93 said:
Congrats to everyone who received interviews and acceptances.

Maybe I don't understand correctly, but I'm worried about the probationary status of the program which was outlined in an earlier post. 

Can a current student or anyone share what's being done to correct the issues?   

Agreed to this post. They didn't even address it at the interview

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, DMC11 said:

They sent a letter to any prespective students. Explaining that regardless of the probations status when you graduate, you will be able to sit for the PANCE bc of being essentially GRANDFATHERED in. Hope it helps 

Yes, thank you!  I'm going to be applying to NY/NJ and maybe CT programs when the cycle opens in April.

Do you know what the program is doing to correct the issues they are on probation for?  The Mercy College PA Program Class of 2018's Facebook page description is pretty negative  :

{{{{{Welcome to Mercy PA program where the rotations don't matter and the points are made up.}}}}}

This is from the ARC-PA's report-----------------

Report due for standards related to instructional faculty serving as supervised clinical practice experience (SCPE) preceptors holding a valid license, the program publishing to enrolled and prospective students its accreditation status and its success in achieving its goals, student files including documentation of student performance while enrolled and that the student has met requirements for program completion, the curriculum including opportunities for all students to apply interprofessional practice principles in interprofessional teams, SCPEs in preventive, emergent, acute and chronic patient encounters that enable students to meet program expectations and acquire the competencies needed for entry into clinical PA practice, SCPEs with patients seeking medical care across the life span, women’s health, conditions requiring surgical management and care for behavioral and mental health conditions, SCPEs with preceptors practicing in family medicine, a self-study that documents results of critical analysis from the ongoing self-assessment, faculty evaluation of the curricular and administrative aspects of the program, modifications that occurred as a result of self-assessment, self-identified program strengths and areas in need of improvement and evaluation of students related to learning outcomes

• 1 month later...

I talk to Lori daily. When I asked she had the applications in her hand. She said we have these 65 applicants, from these 65 students nobody has declined. So I believe that's not including everyone that has already declined, I think they filled those spots. This was last Monday. If you call her she can tell you if you are waitlisted.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived