Contracting for DoD

Guest UVAPAC

Hmmm.

I just accepted one of these positions (they told me 1 shift every 3 months was the minimum) and I figured it would be an interesting position.  The woman I spoke with said it was "a flat rate per the DoD."  She at least made it seem like it was non negotiable.  She said shifts would be between 6-12 hours.  If it is a 6 hour shift the money is great, if it is a 12 hour shift the money is horrible.  I figured if they were all 12 hour shifts, or I didn't like the work it would be easy to walk away.

3 minutes ago, UVAPAC said:

Hmmm.

I just accepted one of these positions (they told me 1 shift every 3 months was the minimum) and I figured it would be an interesting position.  The woman I spoke with said it was "a flat rate per the DoD."  She at least made it seem like it was non negotiable.  She said shifts would be between 6-12 hours.  If it is a 6 hour shift the money is great, if it is a 12 hour shift the money is horrible.  I figured if they were all 12 hour shifts, or I didn't like the work it would be easy to walk away.

Is this with LHI?

6 minutes ago, UVAPAC said:

Hmmm.

A recruiter lied to you??? Stunned I am.... :-)

For her it was non negotiable. The company is getting paid a rate to provide someone. I am highly doubtful the DOD contract specifies what they have to pay a sub-contractor.

Archived