What do you think of my chances

Guest hcruz496

Guest hcruz496

Hi, I'm new to the forum.  I sent out applications to 16 schools last week, perhaps a bit late to the game.  I am so nervous about all of this.  I am wondering what others think my chances are of getting in.  Here are my stats:

Education: BS Biology, minor in chemistry.     U. of Houston, Magna Cum Laude

cGPA:3.81

sGPA: 3.77

PCE: 20,000+ hours as a radiology tech/bone density tech/medical assistant in outpatient imaging, family practices and urgent cares

shadowing: 120 hours with a PA at an urgent care

volunteer: 72 hours which includes tutoring Ochem, volunteering at clinic for uninsured, volunteering for literacy program

GRE: 157 verbal, 153 quantitive, 4.5 analytical

I feel like my GRE is just average and I could have done more volunteer stuff, I am hoping my GPA and PCE will carry me.  What do you think?

Hi, I'm new to the forum.  I sent out applications to 16 schools last week, perhaps a bit late to the game.  I am so nervous about all of this.  I am wondering what others think my chances are of getting in.  Here are my stats:
Education: BS Biology, minor in chemistry.     U. of Houston, Magna Cum Laude
cGPA:3.81
sGPA: 3.77
PCE: 20,000+ hours as a radiology tech/bone density tech/medical assistant in outpatient imaging, family practices and urgent cares
shadowing: 120 hours with a PA at an urgent care
volunteer: 72 hours which includes tutoring Ochem, volunteering at clinic for uninsured, volunteering for literacy program
GRE: 157 verbal, 153 quantitive, 4.5 analytical
I feel like my GRE is just average and I could have done more volunteer stuff, I am hoping my GPA and PCE will carry me.  What do you think?

U will be just fine as long as you have fantastic interviewing skills!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guest hcruz496

I hope so.  If I don't get in this cycle I may retake the GRE.  I just did self study and wasn't all that disciplined in preparing.  

You'll be just fine. Your GPA is great, PCE is great, your GRE won't stop you, as 300 seems to be a benchmark for most schools. You have shadowed a decent amount, as well as volunteered some. Schools tend to look at you holistically, so people that may have some weakness in some area and shine in others aren't shied away. You seem to pass any screen that any school would put up. The only way I don't see you making it in is if something catastrophic during the interview process happened. Not that you need it, but good luck! :)

Archived