Chance Me (edited)

Hi everyone! I'm graduating with a double BA in biology and sociology May 2018 from University of Miami (FL). I already did a post about this, but this one has updated information.

cGPA: 3.44 (CASPA)...has been an upwards trend from a 3.0 first semester

sGPA: 3.3

pGPA: 3.3-3.6 depending on the program

GRE: 311 (all three sections above 60th percentile)

HCE: 900 EMT, 100 clinicals/rescue rides, 120 Nicaragua mission trip, 300+ hospital volunteering, 80 shadowing 2 PAs, 33 doctor, planned 40 surgeon

I applied to Baylor, Northwestern, SUNY Upstate, Rutgers, Stony Brook, Drexel, LIU Brooklyn, Seton Hall, and University of Florida and finished all of them last week.

I'm no expert but it seems pretty decent, IMO. Your GPA is a little lower than some, and some might be curious about your PCEs a little but it seems to fit pretty well. Good shadowing/volunteering.. I'd say go for it! 

Check out this link

Make sure to read the stats on chances by how many schools you apply to, as well. Oh, and make sure to get your LOR's. I've heard it looks better if you DON'T choose to look at them, so take that how you will.

Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, PAs12017 said:

I had similar stats as you and got 7/12 interviews last cycle. The only school in your list I applied to is Baylor and I did get an interview there fwiw. It's really dependent on the school and what they're looking for.

What were your HCE? I got a rejection from Rutgers within 2 days of sending my app because my "LOR weren't long enough." They wanted 2 pages per letter...

11 hours ago, icjerseyveeb324 said:

What were your HCE? I got a rejection from Rutgers within 2 days of sending my app because my "LOR weren't long enough." They wanted 2 pages per letter...

I had like 800 PCE and 100 shadowing I think... dunno how long my LOR were because didn't read them, but that is weird.

Archived