Interview Coaching

Hi y'all!

This is my 3rd cycle and I had one interview the 1st year, 3 interviews the 2nd year, and already have 1 next week for this 3rd cycle.

I get SUPER nervous at interviews, and already have high anxiety and it's 7 days away. Does anyone have any interview skill recommendations or have you used anyone for interview coaching??

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, there is a great pinned link on interviews. With seven days to go, it's time to realize that it's a inner game. You need to know why you're going to PA school, be comfortable in your own skin, and calm enough to listen to questions and answer coherently.

How do you do this? First by not thinking that any one interview could be the end of your dream. Confidence that it will work out as it will. Be friendly, but with the kind of decorum you would display if you were meeting your boyfriend's parents for the first time.

In short, it's in your hands. Don't be rehearsed; be present and just respond to what you are asked.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep on persevering! You know this application process inside and out. Use that to your advantage! How did you prepare for previous interviews?

It is natural to be nervous. I worked in undergraduate admissions and sometimes I was even nervous interviewing prospective students. If anxiety is overtaking you, then be the super confident alter ego of yourself. You got this!

I didn't have any coaching, but I talked with co workers all the time. I had them ask me questions that they came up with on their own and I would respond as if I was at an interview. They were a HUGE help, which I didn't realize until after my interview was over. Use friends, family, and co workers to help you prepare. They will also give feedback to possibly help structure your answers better. I got accepted on my 3rd cycle.... Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Keep practicing your interview skills, but just be yourself and remember that you are interviewing them just as much as they're interviewing you. Ask questions about the program while on the interview to show that you are genuinely interested in their specific school. I found the best way for me to practice was to have the PAs I worked with mock interview me. They would sit me down and fire off random questions and then give me advice on how I could've better worded my responses. 

I bombed my first interview because i was so worried about the answers and how to give them. I tend to be the "over thinker" type. In my second interview i was much more relaxed even tho it was my last interview and last chance to get intoa school. 

They want to seewho you are. The most real you can be in an interview setting. Otherwise they have no idea who they are letting into their school. As an interviewer, that had probably done this many times before, im not always looking for the right answer but how genuinely it is delivered and what kind of personality is delivering it. 

One last honest truth i think needs to be mentioned is that if you are genuine and still dont get in, you may not be the person your interviewing school wants. Thats not a judgment on you but what the admissions board wants to make up their program. Somtimes its arbitrary because theres so many great candidates and its just by luck you wore a color ur interviewer likes. I believe God has His way of teaching and shaping us thats not always comfortable. God bless everyone on their journey. 

First of all, there is a great pinned link on interviews. With seven days to go, it's time to realize that it's a inner game. You need to know why you're going to PA school, be comfortable in your own skin, and calm enough to listen to questions and answer coherently.

How do you do this? First by not thinking that any one interview could be the end of your dream. Confidence that it will work out as it will. Be friendly, but with the kind of decorum you would display if you were meeting your boyfriend's parents for the first time.

In short, it's in your hands. Don't be rehearsed; be present and just respond to what you are asked.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your kind words! I appreciate it!!!!

Keep on persevering! You know this application process inside and out. Use that to your advantage! How did you prepare for previous interviews?
It is natural to be nervous. I worked in undergraduate admissions and sometimes I was even nervous interviewing prospective students. If anxiety is overtaking you, then be the super confident alter ego of yourself. You got this!

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement! Previously I just researched the program and such, and looked over "common interview questions". This school is a new program in its 2nd yr so there's not a lot on the web about the program if that makes sense.
I absolutely hate getting caught off guard and if I feel like I've messed up a question then I get frustrated.

I bombed my first interview because i was so worried about the answers and how to give them. I tend to be the "over thinker" type. In my second interview i was much more relaxed even tho it was my last interview and last chance to get intoa school. 
They want to seewho you are. The most real you can be in an interview setting. Otherwise they have no idea who they are letting into their school. As an interviewer, that had probably done this many times before, im not always looking for the right answer but how genuinely it is delivered and what kind of personality is delivering it. 
One last honest truth i think needs to be mentioned is that if you are genuine and still dont get in, you may not be the person your interviewing school wants. Thats not a judgment on you but what the admissions board wants to make up their program. Somtimes its arbitrary because theres so many great candidates and its just by luck you wore a color ur interviewer likes. I believe God has His way of teaching and shaping us thats not always comfortable. God bless everyone on their journey. 

Thank you!!

Archived