Prerequisite Match on CASPA

Hi -

I took two courses at my university and got grades I wasn't happy with. Because I didn't fail them, I wasn't able to retake them at my university, but instead retook them at a community college nearby. I ended up getting better grades in both. 

When picking my courses that fulfill the prerequisites required by the school, should I pick the course with the higher grade but taken at the community college? Or should I choose the lower grades taken at my university? I'm having a hard time deciding what would look better

Thanks!

If you're talking about the program materials section when selecting pre-requs that fulfill requirements, I would select both courses that count and all other courses that count toward that requirement. They always verify with your transcripts to make sure your pre-requs are met with whichever you select though.

If you're talking about the program materials section when selecting pre-requs that fulfill requirements, I would select both courses that count and all other courses that count toward that requirement. They always verify with your transcripts to make sure your pre-requs are met with whichever you select though.

Yes this!! Thank you

Do people do this with all courses? For example, I took an introductory organic chemistry class that had a lecture and lab combined but also took the first upper level organic chem class without the lab. So when a school asks for organic chem with lab, would you suggest I choose both the course with the lab and the upper level course?

Some schools only want you to meet the requirements, not exceed them, as they can see all your classes on your application, but want a shorter list for pre-reqs. I'd only put the course that fulfills the requirement - so the course they are asking for, with the best grade. If in doubt, ask the school directly as their answers will vary.

Archived