Florida Pre-PA students in need of PCE

I figured I would share some information with prospective PA students in Florida seeking PCE and are short on cash and/or time.

If you are interested in CNA licensure, it is not currently required to complete any sort of technical or vocational program. You are permitted to pay the fees and challenge the exam (considering you've adequately studied and prepared for it!)

Also, there are a few urgent care centers around the state (particularly MDNow that I know for sure) willing to train for medical assistant positions who have the BXMO license only. You are also permitted to sit for the BXMO exam and obtain licensure without formal training as well.

Just an FYI for anyone ambitious enough to try! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who challenged the CNA exam (and passed it) I can tell you that it won't necessarily make finding a job any easier - and you'll likely require more training by an employer if you do get hired.  Just something to keep in mind.  I'm not saying don't go that route, just that it's not a golden ticket to employment...

As someone who challenged the CNA exam (and passed it) I can tell you that it won't necessarily make finding a job any easier - and you'll likely require more training by an employer if you do get hired. Just something to keep in mind. I'm not saying don't go that route, just that it's not a golden ticket to employment...

Oh I certainly wouldn't endorse that it would make finding employment easier. Just a suggestion. There are a ridiculous amount of CNA programs with inflated fees, and I figured this would save a step for some. At the end of the day, employers seem to value experience over everything else anyway (aside from the actual license of course). Which in and of itself presents a challenge procuring employment.

Oh I certainly wouldn't endorse that it would make finding employment easier. Just a suggestion. There are a ridiculous amount of CNA programs with inflated fees, and I figured this would save a step for some. At the end of the day, employers seem to value experience over everything else anyway (aside from the actual license of course). Which in and of itself presents a challenge procuring employment.

So true.  I actually tested with someone who paid thousands of dollars for a several month long program and unfortunately they did terrible at the skills testing.  Many of them are huge rip offs/scams.  

Archived