DeSales University: 2017-2018

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, jkl0120 said:

Congratulations, that's amazing! Would you mind sharing your stats? 

Thank you!! Sure, I'll list my stats below!

Undergrad: Health science major at Northeastern University- I will be graduating in May of 2018.

GPA: 4.0

GRE:

Verbal: 165 Quant: 162 AW: 6.0

I have about 2,300 hours of PCE currently, and am still accumulating. I have extensive experience working with underserved populations as a medical assistant at Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program. I also work as a CNA at an orthopedic hospital and a clinical assistant at Boston Children's Hospital.

I love volunteering, and have lots of volunteer experiences throughout undergrad, although I haven't added my hours up.

I have shadowed PAs for a total of 58 hours, and have some experience shadowing an MD, NP, and RN.

Good luck with the application process!! :)

Hello future PAs!

I am a Pre-PA student that will be joining the PA program in the class of 2020 as part of the undergraduate program they offer at DeSales. If you have any questions about DeSales, PA program or otherwise, feel free to message me. Ask me whatever, I would be happy to help! 

Also, if any of you are in dyer need of housing while you come here to interview, I will have an extra bed in my apartment. Wouldn't be ideal I suppose but at least it'd save time finding other accommodations. 

On 7/25/2017 at 1:38 PM, JC40 said:

80, but I believe about 30 come from their 3+2 program.

Unfortunately for you there will likely be more than 30 people from the 3+2 this time around. Our class size was bigger than expected to start and not as many have dropped like they normally do. So many student have made the bare minimum criteria that the university actually has upped the standards for students in the 3+2 program in the upcoming classes.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know if desales tends to look for candidates  with higher GPAs? I just finished my application but I am not sure if I should submitted because I am already applying late and my GPA is on the lower side.

sgpa 3.12

cgpa 3.4

hce 3500 hours cna

over 2000 hours of community service with underserved communities

56 shadowing hours

I would appreciate any feedback

On 7/17/2017 at 7:04 PM, fraja said:

I am also interviewing that date!

@fraja Our interview is coming up! As I was preparing this morning, just thought I would say hello and good luck. This will be my first PA school interview, but let me know if you needed anyone to bump ideas off of for preparation, or any general PA school questions at all. My name is Katie. Happy to help!

• 2 weeks later...

I was accepted via email yesterday (I missed the call) from the 9/27 interview! This was exciting news, because this is a really great program, however I am almost positive that I will be giving up my seat due to being accepted into my top choice program. The faculty at DeSales are really wonderful, and I am sad that I have to give up my seat because I feel like I connected a lot with my interviewers, but I hope that I will be helping someone else out to get accepted or get an interview! Congratulations to everyone that was accepted, and good luck to all who are still applying! 

I was also accepted from the 9/27 interview!!! Loved the program and the people, I have a few more interviews coming up that I would like to give a chance, but DeSales is going to be hard to beat! For those of you who haven't interviewed yet, the interview process is super friendly so just be yourself and don't be afraid to laugh and have fun with your interviewers and the other applicants. They really give you a chance to show who you are with the setup they have. Good luck everyone (:

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, haleycmaxwell said:

Does anyone know when interviews started and when they stop interviewing? Just trying to figure out a time range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they started interviews in August. They can possibly go into the beginning of February(based on previous cycles) if they haven't filled all their spots yet. 

Received the call today that i've been accepted! Unfortunately, I will probably be giving up my seat for another program, so I hope this opens up a spot for someone. Good luck all!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WonderWall said:

Is it too late to apply? There is a December deadline, but many interviews have already taken place. Are there still interviews in the new year? Thanks.

Technically, since the deadline has not yet passed, it is clearly not too late to apply! However, I would recommend contacting admissions and ask them your questions as soon as possible. I am sure they probably have a few back-up interviews to compensate for any seat/acceptance withdrawals in the next few months as more schools round up their decisions. Good luck!

Archived