DeSales University: 2017-2018

Congratulations to all that have been accepted! I sent in my application and was verified in mid-September. I received an email saying they received my application but have not heard anything since. It has been about two months and I am beginning to worry. Here are my stats:
Will graduate in May 2018
Cumulative: 3.81
Science: 3.67
PA shadowing: 200 hours
Patient Care: 1000 hours

I applied back in June and haven’t heard anything other than they received my app either. Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, igetby said:

Anyone heard back from the November 8 interview? They said 2 weeks at most and now they are all on holiday. Trying to make some decisions on other acceptances..

I was just about to ask the same thing! Still haven't either from the November 8th interview as well

On 11/12/2017 at 5:48 AM, WonderWall said:

Is it too late to apply? There is a December deadline, but many interviews have already taken place. Are there still interviews in the new year? Thanks.

Yes I wondering if there are anymore interviews in the future as well. I did already apply, but not until later in the cycle. 

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Hey all, 

I submitted my CASPA to DeSales on November 15th. I was very late to the party but was encouraged to apply by a few peers who highly recommended the program. I was very surprised to receive an interview invite on November 27th and I am interviewing next Wednesday, December 6th. 

Hope that helps! I'm sorry to hear some of you are still waiting for decisions even past when they promised a response... I was in the same boat for Boston University's PA program and was strung along for multiple weeks of unmet deadlines. However, just a suggestion: last night I sent BU an email and told them that I needed to hear back by Friday (tomorrow) because I had another program's deposit deadline coming up that I would need to submit as a security measure because I had not heard back from them yet. They got back to me a day later (today) with their decision (no). This kind of email might not give you the answer you want to hear, but at least you may get the decision sooner. 

Has anyone gotten a rejection letter yet? I havent heard from the program since I submitted the application. Reading the story of @NathanBrownScienceClown Makes me think that is is a no from the school. Dont get me wrong, the waiting game for this school is over. Congrats to everyone accepted. Im still waiting to get accepted into a school.

4 hours ago, Lilyofthevalley16 said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection letter yet? I havent heard from the program since I submitted the application. Reading the story of @NathanBrownScienceClown Makes me think that is is a no from the school. Dont get me wrong, the waiting game for this school is over. Congrats to everyone accepted. Im still waiting to get accepted into a school.

I have not heard anything yet and applied back in July. I feel the same, but stay positive!

On 11/30/2017 at 4:53 PM, Lilyofthevalley16 said:

I am in the same boat as you. Applied here very early and haven’t heard anything! I’ve interviewed at 3 others schools but not accepted from any! I’m losing hope.

Hi all, after the interview on the 6th I was told that I should hear back within two weeks. I received a phone call from Dr. Stuart (the DeSales program director) this morning and was offered a seat in the class. I am not sure how many seats remain. I hope this info helps any of you who still may be waiting for decisions. Like I suggested in my previous post, it might be a good idea for you to send Julia Ferraro an email asking for any updates on your application status. It probably won't change the decision but it will likely come quicker. Best of luck to anyone who is still waiting to hear back, and Merry Christmas!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I interviewed at DeSales on 12/6 and was put on the waitlist. Does anyone know if they are still holding interviews? Also, are there any students that know about how many people from the waitlist they usually accept? DeSales is my dream school, and I would like to have an idea of what my chances are for getting an acceptance.

Rejection email: 

Thank you again for applying to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program at DeSales University. As you are aware, matriculation into a physician assistant program is very competitive. Our Admissions Committee conducts a holistic review of each applicant’s file, taking into consideration not only the basic prerequisites such as minimum GPA and standardized test scores, but also the student’s demonstrated desire to be in the profession, healthcare experience, and the strength of the letters of recommendation written on his or her behalf.

After careful deliberation and consideration, we regret to inform you that the Admissions Committee has decided not to offer you an interview for admission into the Physician Assistant Program.

We understand that you may have questions regarding this decision.  However, because we receive such a high volume of applications, we are unable to provide specific feedback to applicants who were not invited in for an interview. In light of this, we encourage you to keep the following in mind:

• We received approximately 3,000 applications for only 35 available graduate seats for the 2017-18 admission cycle.
  • We operate on rolling admissions and begin interviewing and accepting students as early as July prior to the year of matriculation.
  • Typically, accepted candidates far exceed the minimum admission requirements, however there is no 'ideal' candidate as we strive for diversity within our student body and appreciate the unique qualities of each applicant.

We thank you again for your interest in the DeSales PA Program and wish you much success as you continue working towards your educational and professional goals.

Archived