Question about prereq GPA for retakes

Hi! I'm new to the forum and applying to PA schools probably next cycle so am planning classes to take before doing the application. 

A long time ago (like 7 years ago so for some schools it may not even count) I took A&P and got C's, so obviously will be retaking them and Gen Chem. I know that CASPA averages retakes so they all count for overall & science GPA, but when applying for schools and selecting my prereq classes (for prereq GPA) will the most recent grade (A) or the average of both the original and retake (B) be counted towards the prereq GPA? I can't seem to find anything about prereq GPA specifically on CASPA, so I'm not sure if there's a general rule or if it is school specific. Anyone have any experience with this? 

Also, if I start filling out the CASPA application just to get ahead for next cycle, does it roll over if you don't submit it or have the GPA verified?  Thank you!

Archived