Is it wrong to apply to multiple positions in the same hospital?

I feel like it is not a wise thing to do. However, the city I am moving two only has about two main hospitals so all of the job openings on indeed come from the same place. I am open to different specialties, and I would like to apply to multiple fields. Is it wrong to apply to different specialties in the same hospital?

And one more question: is it wrong to apply to jobs that say "no new grads"? Probably unlikely to actually get the job but I don't know if this hurts or not. 

Thank you!

Apply to one, and if you get an interview, explain you are interested in both positions.

I assume you are a new grad, since you are asking about applying to "no new grad" positions. I would try and contact the provider recruiter or HR first, to see if they are firm on that. Typically, if they are going to go out of their way to post it as such, they mean it. Maybe you get lucky though.

I would not apply to a position that specifically states "no new grad".  One could think you are unable to follow basic instructions.  There could be exceptions.  If you were a new grad, but had extensive additional time/knowledge in a particular filed (i.e. doing additional rotations) where you stand out as being more proficient then a new grad, then you could perhaps sell yourself that way.  

If the hospital has a recruiter I would reach out to them and let them know your plans to apply for positions and that you are open to several positions available.  They may instruct you to apply for them all or just apply for one.  Then during an interview you can let it be known you are open to others.  

Archived