News to me, but it is interesting to think about...

Cher made chronic fatigue a catchword about a decade ago and she talked about EBV in TV interviews.

I have had patients ask to be tested for titers. So far, nothing profound. Most of us were exposed to mono in our youth and many have low antibody levels or reactions. 

We go through the whole gamut if there is really a potential problem. Thyroid antibodies, celiac panel, allergy testing, vitamin D levels, B12, etc etc.

Then we send folks to the immunologist who tests complement factors and a host of other subspecial things. 

So, the article is interesting. I wouldn't hang my hat on it being overly prevalent in society but something to think about when everything else looks seemingly normal. 

One of my favorite stories is my patient who complained of chronic fatigue and headaches and it turned out to be a leaky heater in her house - chronic carbon monoxide poisoning..... She felt fine at her parents house but not at her own home. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Archived