The vetting process

I've been offered a position as a new graduate in a large hospital system, and can't think of a better place to start as a PA.  They are currently checking my credentials, and part of this includes a credit check.  While my credit is fine, I am trying to understand how it specifically relates to the position.  Are credit checks common for physician assistant positions?

Employers do this for many professions thinking it reflects on your integrity and reliability and maturity.

They don't get the score or "exact" info but a general "soft" report about defaults, lateness, etc.

I don't think it should be allowed.

My old ortho job did an immense background check on me that I found out about when the owner of the background company came in as a patient and knew my entire bio and details I hadn't really put on a resume. Didn't bother me but was weird.

I have nothing to hide and am frankly boring. My family had profiles in the past due to military intelligence ties of my parents. Whatever - nothing exciting.

Also fingerprinted in Texas for licensure yrs ago.

Yep, check my credentials, run my prints, verify no warrants, no sex offender status and no felony status but leave my credit alone.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

Archived