Licensure with history of depression

When obtaining state or other licensure, is it required to disclose a history of depression or other mental health evaluations?  How does this affect the application process?   If there is anyone here who is wiling to speak to this from experience, or send me a PM I would greatly appreciate it.   I've read the form posted by someone who was rejected from the USPHS due to a diagnosis of MDD, and it has me wondering how it may affect other aspects of licensure/ job opportunities.   

I really don't remember what questions were asked exactly and YMMV based on where you are, but I don't recall my history of depression having any impact whatsoever. I think with some of the forms/applications you're asked if you have any physical or mental conditions that prevent you from doing your job, but nothing specific. 

Many years ago when I graduated, a girl from our class felt the need to disclose her history of depression to the state board when applying for her license.  She had simply been on some Prozac while in school.  The Texas State medical board held her license approval up until she "STOOD" before the board and answered questions as to her state of mind.....

True story.

p.s.  It cost her a 3 month delay and her first job who dropped her while waiting for her to get her license.

Archived