Out patient IR job

Out patient IR position. Doing arthrogram procedures, PICCs, Central lines, epidurals for pain management, paracentesis, thoracentesis, etc... But was told mainly joint injections using arthrogram.

Offer: 95K, typical benefits, no call, unknown amount of cme, cme $$, or pto yet. And an unknown bonus from the radiologists every 6 months that may be anywhere from 0-10,000$. 8-5 every day. There may be in the future a chance to take some call and do some procedures for the Drs in the hospitals and make some more money that way but they said they are not sure yet.

Honestly I think this is very low for this type of job. I am countering with 110K base for the first year as they train me. Then I want 5% of my billing for year 2 and 3 and then 10% for the remaining years. Would this be fair???

Thoughts???

Great counter. And make sure you put in the contract that they have to give you your collections in writing. So you are not trusting what they are giving you. Verify everything. And counter everything. Push for more. We are worth it. Believe me. I was severely underpaid for 2 yrs. And now that I see my collections I know exactly what my potential is.

Did a few years in IR myself

Left due to low pay - and spending WAY to migh time in the fluoro lab.....

You deserve to be at 150k with in a year of being hired as you are exposing yourself EVERY DAY to fluoro - repeatedly....

I would say $120k to start, then $150k after a year

CME/Expense account of $2500 NOT INCLUDING all your licenses

PTO 4 weeks vacation, 1 week CME, 1 week sick/personal, 10 holidays

No call

Day shift during work week

Remember if they have to hire a RAD MD/DO to do this job they are looking at $300,000 with $5,000 CME, one week, 8-12 week vacation (yup Rads get that much...)

Never sell yourself short in this field, the rads LOVE PAs that work for 100,000 as it makes HUGE money for them and keeps them out of the fluoro labs.

Archived