Looking to shadow PAs from various specialties (1 pg quick reference bio attached)

https://webspace.utexas.edu/pl2834/PAForum.pdf

Please refer to the above to get a better feel for who I am. I'm really interested in pursuing the PA profession and there haven't been any red lights yet from any previous shadowing I've done. However, it's been limited exposure and I would like to see PAs working in all facets of medicine. If anybody in the Austin, Houston, or San Antonio area is open to allowing me to shadow, then please let me know either through replying here or sending me a PM. Any help is greatly appreciated on this difficult task.

• 4 weeks later...
https://webspace.utexas.edu/pl2834/PAForum.pdf

Please refer to the above to get a better feel for who I am. I'm really interested in pursuing the PA profession and there haven't been any red lights yet from any previous shadowing I've done. However, it's been limited exposure and I would like to see PAs working in all facets of medicine. If anybody in the Austin, Houston, or San Antonio area is open to allowing me to shadow, then please let me know either through replying here or sending me a PM. Any help is greatly appreciated on this difficult task.

i have a similar background as you...had an engineering degree from UT-Austin. i actually attended ACC during college too haha

anyhow, wish i could help, but i'm unemployed at the moment...however, feel free to get in touch with me anytime if you have any questions about the PA application process. good luck!

Do you personally know any practicing physicans who work with a P.A.? My surgeon asked me if I would be willing to allow a person from his church to shadow me for a week or two. My shadow is an individual who is not sure what she wants to pursue.... Dentistry, Medicine or P.A.. I am willing to help because our future depends on having PA student applicants who have the calling. I think there has been too much recent press about the income opportunity and not enough about who we are and what we do.

Good Luck in your endeavor.

Gene, when you were referring to ACC, I thought you were talking about Austin Community College at first. After all, I was taking a break from studying for my anatomy class, but it wasn't too long before I realized I never mentioned anything of the sort, and so, it finally clicked a few moments later. I've sent you a PM!

My opportunities for shadowing have increased since the initial post. I'm actually getting together with a primary care PA this Wednesday. I've also been in talks with a PA from Dell Children's and she promised me 40 hours should I want it. To those who are struggling with this, I say persistence beats resistance. There were definitely rejections, but I wasn't going to be discouraged. Thank you for the replies though.

Archived