UNE Major

Hi guys,

I'm hoping there may be some UNE applicants/students who can help me out. I'm an army medic, just leaving service, with a good bit of HCE and a burning desire to go the PA route. However, I have yet to start my bachelors at UNE. I've been told to go for any major that interests me, and complete prereqs on the side, but UNE's pre-PA track has me concerned.

Do you think that majoring in something besides pre-PA, at a school with a pre-PA program, will greatly reduce my chances of being accepted to their PA program? I imagine that they have some quota of pre-PA students that they accept, all official policies aside, and worry that I may be at a distinct disadvantage in this case.

Though PA school has been the dream for a long time, I don't really like the idea of a pre-PA bachelors. Would I be better off attending a different university for my bachelors, and then applying for UNE's PA program?

Thanks and apologies if this has been hopelessly confusing.

I have no idea the official stance on this, but the other side of the coin would be that it would show the admission board that you have been working towards the PA route for a while.  Since the Bachelor's would be very specific to wanting to continue to a PA program.

Archived