2016-2017 GWU Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

Social event is at a bar and is casual. You can eat as much or as little as you like. And no, you aren't allowed to bribe us with drinks :P Certainly not required and it won't affect your admission at all, but I know for myself one of the things that ultimately led me to choose GW is that it felt like it was full of "my people." Best part of the program easily is getting to meet and work with the people in my cohort. (I actually wasn't able to go to the social event last year as I was interviewing at Penn State the day before).

Is it still the "statement of purpose?" I talked about what parts of GW's mission statement and focuses appealed to me and how my experiences informed that. If it makes you feel better I cranked mine out the night before the deadline. Yeah, I don't know why they admitted me either.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! I was invited for the interview on 10/1 as well! I don't think I will be able to make it to the social event on Friday night because of travel limitations, but I am really looking forward to meeting some of you on Saturday! 

Sarah

When did they notify you that you were under review? I'm trying to gauge when I should possibly hear back! Thanks.

I had my interview on Sept. 17th and I would definitely advise driving in if you live in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) area! It's a Saturday morning so there's hardly any traffic going into the city and there's plenty of parking nearby. I parked in the GWU Science & Engineering Hall between 22nd and 23rd street and it was only $12 for all-day parking. I personally preferred paying to park so that I could control what time I arrived and leave right when the interview ended. Also, there is ongoing construction on the metro lines so you may have to wait up to 20 minutes for a metro line to arrive. 

Agreed, soe16!  The traffic on a Saturday is minimal and parking is much easier.  If you have the Parkmobile app, you can park easily on the street.  But, the parking garage found in the Science & Engineering Hall (basically across 23rd Street from the School of Medicine) is the better option--just a short walk to where you will need to be!

I hope to receive an invite to the 10/1 interview session; but based upon my submission date, it looks like my invitation will come later (if it does)!!  Regardless, best of luck to everyone interviewing on 10/1!  Knock em' dead!!

Vickie

You'll be coming into DC at Union Station which also easily connects to Metro. There is a metro stop that lets out immediately beside the Health Sciences/Medical School at Foggy Bottom/GWU. This would be a good move for you!! Good luck on the trip and the interview!

Vickie

Archived