2016-2017 GWU Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So question, I just got an email saying that I have an outstanding pre req AandP II, however I went to medical school for a year and took their anatomy and phys course (which is the same level if not higher than PA programs) and they told me that I cannot use it. All prereqs must be undergrad or post bacc. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do? Every other school accepted my med school credits?

So question, I just got an email saying that I have an outstanding pre req AandP II, however I went to medical school for a year and took their anatomy and phys course (which is the same level if not higher than PA programs) and they told me that I cannot use it. All prereqs must be undergrad or post bacc. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do? Every other school accepted my med school credits?

I had a similar issue with a different program. Unfortunately, there isn't any way around it that I found. I know it's not very helpful, but best I can tell, there are just far too many applicants for schools to waive minimum requirements. :(

Of course, if you haven't already, I would email asking if they'll make an exception; if you have it, include a course descriptions of what you did take, so they can review it. There's no harm in that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Another great interview day in Foggy Bottom today. Sorry about the rain. Best wishes to all of you.

Julian,

Just wanted to say thanks. I took a lot away from the first year student panel, and really enjoyed myself this weekend. Good luck with the rest of your classes and with neuro coming up! Hopefully I will see you again next year!

Sarah

Has anyone who's been invited to interview have any pre-reqs in progress? I'm currently retaking O-chem (my only F in college) this semester, and am on track for an A. However, it still shows an F previously, and in progress currently. I'm wondering if that will cut me from the running to even interview, given the huge number of applicants.

Has anyone who's been invited to interview have any pre-reqs in progress? I'm currently retaking O-chem (my only F in college) this semester, and am on track for an A. However, it still shows an F previously, and in progress currently. I'm wondering if that will cut me from the running to even interview, given the huge number of applicants.

Yes, I have Gen Chem in progress.  It's odd, I know, but I got my degree in biology 20 years ago, and all my pre-reqs. are re-takes.  It just worked out schedule-wise that I could take O Chem again before Gen Chem.  I did okay in Gen Chem the first time - got a B in both semesters.

For those who interviewed already, when did you end your day? Did it run shorter or longer than 4pm? I need to book some last-minute airplane tickets, so it would be wonderful if someone could give some insight. Thanks!

I interviewed on 10/01 and we got out a little before 3, if I remember correctly. 

Guest GoyaHoya69

I interviewed on 10/01 and we got out a little before 3, if I remember correctly.

Same. And i interviewed on 9/17.

EDITED to add interview date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if GW's program has an anatomy lab with cadavers that PA students actually dissect?

Good morning! I just interviewed last weekend and first year students told us that they do have a cadaver lab, but PA students are not the ones to do the actual dissection.

Archived