Blog about PA school process

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I am recording my whole process of getting accepted to PA school, and my experiences throughout school. From getting patient care experience, pre-reqs, to recently getting accepted into PA school I will put it all down. I am trying to include any tips and tricks that I feel worked for me so that others can benefit from them. I will answer any questions and give my advice to those who are still working on getting into PA school. (Any little advice helps along the way).

http://djthepa.blogspot.com/

I am planning on recording through PA school, so those who will get accepted can have info on what its like to start the program, and what to expect. Please feel free to leave feedback and comments!

THANK YOU, and good luck!!

-DJ

Congrats on getting accepted into Pacific.

I think you have a lot of info on your site and it should definitely help those who have no idea where to start. However, I think you should at least consider changing your "definition" of a PA at the top to an actual definition. Out of the 3 you have listed there, at least 2 are just opinion and none of them (or all of them together) clearly tell a beginning searcher what a PA is. #1 could explain MD, DO, or nursing, and not everyone will find it difficult or overly stressful. #2 could be any of the many professions in the medical career and is solely your opinion. #3 could apply to any number of careers, like making music videos since that's only been done since the early 80s. It's great that you want to help people, but if you're going to present info as an authority on the subject, it should be accurate and complete.

l.a.lewis,

Thank you for your input, I wasn't trying to actually have the real AAPA definition there, it was supposed to be interesting and grab attention. I didn't really like it anyways, so I got rid of it. I appreciate your input and look forward to anyone else who may have ideas to make this blog helpful for those who are wanting to be PAs. It is a work in progress. Look forward to more posts about my process to getting accepted.

My new post today describes my experience with getting an interview invite email. Check it out everyone!

Archived