Tacoma MEDEX 2016-2017 Applicants

Hey everyone,

Congrats on getting in, to all of those who didn't or are still waiting keep your heads up remember we made it in the top 36! They obviously see some potential in us!!! We will just come back even stronger!!! Just remember this is not the end only the beginning!!!

Respectfully,

Robert Deal

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all who made it! I got the call yesterday and still can't believe it's really happening! Marisol, who is not a member of this forum also made it. Those that haven't heard back yet keep your heads held high, I am still rooting for you. Know that you are the best of the best and making it this far proves that you have what it takes. Never give up on your dreams. I know without a doubt that each of you will be amazing future PA's!

Michael

Congrats to all who made it! I got the call yesterday and still can't believe it's really happening! Marisol, who is not a member of this forum also made it. Those that haven't heard back yet keep your heads held high, I am still rooting for you. Know that you are the best of the best and making it this far proves that you have what it takes. Never give up on your dreams. I know without a doubt that each of you will be amazing future PA's!

Michael

Congrats Michael! I told you that you would get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have an interview on the 19th! Congrats to those who already got in! And to those who didn't- don't give up! There will be a next time, and you will get it :). I would be interested in meeting up with other fellow interviewees, although anyone is welcome to join. 

Happy New Year! To those who are attending the Jan interview, best of luck to you. As for pointers, Olivia (from TC4) had given us a good list of tips-- It's posted earlier in this thread. As for additional pointers, be prepared for a long but fun day. It is a huge honor to be invited to the interview, just remember that you guys are all cream of the crop! Let that soak in-- be proud of yourselves for your accomplishments. Don't think of the interview as a competition, but more about being a part of a successful team of PA students that will work well together and save the world. ;) 

When asked a question, take a second to gather and deliver your thoughts. An embarrassing moment for me was that I went off tangent with one of my answers-- luckily I caught myself and asked them if it would be okay for me to start over. They were generous and let me do so. Meeting other candidates prior to the interview helped ease my nerves. Be authentic, socialize, ask questions. Be your best self, make sure you get plenty of sleep, look professional, and don't play on your phones. There could be group activities so be team players in finding solutions. During lunch time, you may get to meet current students; Use that to your advantage and get to know them, and the student life. The great thing about MEDEX and the PA profession, is that everyone treats each other with respect and desires success for each other. We're family. 

Once again, good luck to all of you and I can't wait to meet the rest of TC5! :)

PS: there is a volunteer opportunity that allows you to meet current students and ppl of the community. It's called "Foot Clinic" hosted by MEDEX of Tacoma. It's held the 2nd Sunday of every month at the Urban Grace Church in downtown Tacoma. If you're interested, register @  https://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/oxzef (If the link doesn't work, contact Abby:  abigailbrowne08@gmail.com)

-Maria

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to those accepted!! :)

Unfortunately, I was not accepted. However, I am optimistic in applying for this years cycle!!

For those not accepted I am more than willing to get together sometime and plan on improving and strengthening our applications together!

Good luck Tacoma class #5!! Feel free to share any and all your ups and downs!

~Shawna

Archived