CASPA Hours Mistake

After multiple re-reads of my application, I still missed that for one of my patient care experience that I had accidentally put '50' total weeks instead of '5'! Now for that position have a crazy inflated hours. 

I've already submitted my application and it's been verified. Is there anyway I can edit by calling CASPA? Or email each of the programs informing them of the mistake?  

Help! Thanks :) 

Since my application is verified, CASPA says they can't change anything. The CASPA rep said that since it was typo most schools would contact me if they had questions. But, I would like to be more proactive. Should I make a new entry reflecting the correction and inform the schools I applied to of the mistake and to disregard one of the entries? 

If it were me, I'd send a quick email to all the admin at each school.... I think it would sound a lot better to tell them now, rather than they may want to accept you... and then when you tell them that you have a mistake it could be perceived as you did this on purpose, but are only fessing up now... just my opinion.

I am sure it will all work out... such a tiny mistake 

Consider this:

When a program contacts you about scheduling an interview or to complete a supplemental, use that opportunity to correct the issue. Right now, through no purposeful fault of your own, you have an entry that works in your favor.

To not correct it would be wrong. But to bring undue attention to it would be doing yourself a disservice. At the first opportunity, WHEN A PROGRAM REACHES OUT TO YOU, be sure to address it and correct it. Say that you noticed it after your application was verified. You couldn't change it, and after reaching out to CASPA, they wouldn't. Done and over.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing! I called CASPA and they also suggested that I contact the programs and create a new entry on the application with the exact same job description but the correct number of hours.

I didn't update my application but I did send an email to each school I was applying to so they were aware. Of the 4 schools I applied to 1 responded that they would make a note on my application, 2 just said thank you, and 1 hasn't responded yet.

I felt so much better after I sent the email as I felt that they were aware that I knew I had made a mistake and wasn't trying to fluff my hours.

Archived