ER / Fast Track in Texas?

Guest ash913

Guest ash913

I just moved to Texas last year, and I have a question regarding PA jobs in Emergency Rooms.

I was told by friends working at two different hospitals in the North Texas area, that PAs only handle Fast Track and Physicians take care of the Main ER.

I was wondering if this is true for ALL hospitals and PAs working ERs in Texas? I am from NY and there, PAs and Physicians rotate between Main ER and Fast Track.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

old thread...

The Questcare group use the PAs kinda like residents. You see and manage your own patients, and when you ahve a working diagnosis and plan, you present to the attending physician. They bless off on it and you dispo the patient. You see whatever is in the rack next. ACLS, STEMI, CHF, overdose, asthma etc. We only go to the fast track when we are either really slow and looking for something to do, or the dept is stopped up due to nursing or admit holds and we are looking for something to do... And then it is a grab a chart and staff with the FT attending then back to main er

Archived