Student Writers wanted: PA Professional Magazine launching student section!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to tell you all about a new opportunity to publish your writing as a student. I am helping to run a new student section at PA professional magazine. Some details below:

Wanted: PA Student Writers

Beginning in spring 2012, PA Professional will launch a student section featuring news written for and by PA students. If you know students who would be interested in writing for this new and exciting magazine section, please have them email their story idea—in 100 words or fewer—to Janette Rodrigues, AAPA managing editor of publications. Contact her at news@aapa.org or 571-319-4382.

We will be looking for various article types, including:

Commentary/Perspective: Students take a stand on an issue or express their viewpoint on a topic in PA practice, education or policy.

Words from the Wards: Students share a unique medical experience -- from their first or second year of PA school -- in a first-person essay.

Passing Notes: Students give advice to other students on how to cope with the first year of PA school, rotations or entering the workforce.

Articles should be around 600 words or less.

We will also accept photos from student photographers depicting student activities and advocacy.

Deadline for the first issue (March) is Jan. 31st send send ideas or articles ASAP.

If you have any questions you can email me at studenteditor@aapa.org. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Harrison Reed

PA Professional Student Editor

Hey everyone,

I wanted to tell you all about a new opportunity to publish your writing as a student. I am helping to run a new student section at PA professional magazine. Some details below:

Wanted: PA Student Writers

Beginning in spring 2012, PA Professional will launch a student section featuring news written for and by PA students. If you know students who would be interested in writing for this new and exciting magazine section, please have them email their story idea—in 100 words or fewer—to Janette Rodrigues, AAPA managing editor of publications. Contact her at news@aapa.org or 571-319-4382.

We will be looking for various article types, including:

Commentary/Perspective: Students take a stand on an issue or express their viewpoint on a topic in PA practice, education or policy.

Words from the Wards: Students share a unique medical experience -- from their first or second year of PA school -- in a first-person essay.

Passing Notes: Students give advice to other students on how to cope with the first year of PA school, rotations or entering the workforce.

Articles should be around 600 words or less.

We will also accept photos from student photographers depicting student activities and advocacy.

Deadline for the first issue (March) is Jan. 31st send send ideas or articles ASAP.

If you have any questions you can email me at studenteditor@aapa.org. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Harrison Reed

PA Professional Student Editor

Great idea!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived