Job Duties/Task Descriptions

I am confused on the CASPA section regarding listing duties from past work experience/medical experience/volunteer experience/etc. That section, I do believe, allows 40 words which is alot. Is this section supposed to be written in complete sentences or the typical fragmented style usually used on resumes? Anyone that could help!? Thanks!

• 10 months later...

I thought about this while submitting my application too. I just did what I thought sounded best and went with it. Here is what I wrote for my EMT duties.

My duties include: providing care for sick and/or injured individuals, recognizing signs of illness and discovering symptoms of illness, helping patients on to the stretcher and into the ambulance, retrieving patient vital signs (blood pressure, pulse oximetry, respirations etc.), retrieving medical history from patients, providing oxygen for patients, placing patients at the appropriate clinic or hospital facility for further care, writing patient care reports, leaving patients with the appropriate healthcare professionals and giving them the patient's medical history, vital signs, and the details about their current health problem.

I've received 3 interview invites, 3 rejections and I am waiting to hear from one more school. I was accepted into University of Bridgeport last week after my interview :). Still waiting to hear back from one place after my interview there, and I am going to my last interview at the end of November! It's a pretty crazy, but exciting time!

Good luck with your applications!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Jazznugget, did you have to separate your hours between transport/posting vs. direct patient care hrs on the CASPA application? I will be applying for the 2013-2014 cycle and was wondering if CASPA is specific with EMT hours.

I would say its the total amount of hours you spent working. If you had to differentiate your hours of patient care vs. training vs. posting etc. most people wouldn't meet the required time.

Archived