Entering Patient Care Hours

While entering my previous experience hours, I realized that we are required to write our average weekly hours and number of weeks for it to calculate the total number of hours. However, is there a way to manually do this? I volunteer as an EMT when I have time, and there are some weeks when I work no hours and others that I work many shifts. I also have a job while I am away at school, so I have summers and winters off. This method of calculation would not provide an accurate way to get my total hours - any suggestions? Thank you!!

What I did was take my total number of hours and divide by the approximate number of weeks (excluding holidays, vacations, and weeks I didn't work) to get hours/week.

Okay, thank you! So this is fine to do even though its not completely accurate in regard to hours/timing?

So this is fine to do even though its not completely accurate in regard to hours/timing?

I think that programs realize how sporadic experiences can be for many applicants. I've never heard of one that cares how many hours/week you have, just total hours.

Archived